Argentina makes use of the GSM 850/1900 and the iDEN networks. The most important companies in mobile telephony are:
Claro - owned by América Móvil
Movistar – owned by Telefonica de Argentina
Personal – owned by Telecom
AMX Argentina S.A. (Claro Argentina)
Claro is providing UMTS/HSDPA/GPRS/GSM/EDGE/LTE+ network to the largest cities in Argentina.
- username: clarogprs (or) guest (or) ctigprs
- password: clarogprs999 (or) clarogprs9999 (or) guest (or) gprs999
- APN name: igprs.claro.com.ar (or) internet.ctimovil.com.ar (or) gprs.claro.com.ar (or) ba.amx
Telefonica Comunicaciones Personales SA (Movistar)
Movistar supports UMTS/HSDPA/GPRS/GSM/EDGE/LTE+ technologies.
- username: wap (or) internet (or) hsdpa
- password: wap (or) password (or) internet (or) hsdpa
- APN name: grps.unifon.com.ar (or) internet.unifon (or) internet.gprs.unifon.com.ar (or) gprs.wireless.movistar.net.ar (or) internet (or) internet.hsdpa.unifon.com.ar (or) wap.gprs.unifon.com.ar
Telecom Personal SA (Personal)
Personal supports UMTS/HSDPA/GPRS/GSM/EDGE/LTE+ technologies.
- username: gprs
- password: gprs (or) adgj
- APN name: gprs.personal.com (or) datos.personal.com (or) internet.personal.com
It's an MVNO operating on Personal network.
- APN name:
It's a prepaid MVNO operating on Movistar network, owned by Telefónica de Argentina too.
- username: internet.movil
- password: internet
- APN name: internet
Claro offers the following prepaid Mobile Broadband packages:
|Period||Data Volume Included||Price||Code|
|1 hour||100 MB||3 ARS / 0.67$||1H|
|2 hours||100 MB||5 ARS / 1.12$||2H|
|4 hours||300 MB||7 ARS / 1.57$||4H|
|1 day||1 GB||20 ARS / 4.48$||1D|
|2 days||1 GB||30 ARS / 6.71$||2D|
|7 days||1 GB||99 ARS / 22.16$||7D|
To get any of the above packs:
- Purchase a Prepaid Claro modem;
- Insert your prepaid card into the modem;
- Send an SMS with HORAS or DIAS to 454;
- Select the data pack that best suits your needs;
- Pay for the selected pack and you can use it.
Mobile Internet for your handset packs from Claro:
|Data Traffic Included||Price|
|Unlimited||95.47 ARS / 21.37$ + tax|
|512 MB||47.14 ARS / 10.55$ + tax|
|200 MB||31.16 ARS / 6.97$ + tax|
|100 MB||23.17 ARS / 5.19$ + tax|
|25 MB||7.99 ARS / 1.79$ + tax|
To activate call 0800-123-3677.
How to top up
To check your balance send SMS with SALDO to 555. There is Promo Plus offer which provides you with some additional bonuses depending on the amount of your recharge.
|Recharge amount||Bonus||Bonus Validity|
|20 ARS / 4.48$||5 ARS / 1.12$||7 days|
|30 ARS / 6.71$||20 ARS / 4.48$||10 days|
|40 ARS / 8.95$||30 ARS / 6.71$||10 days|
|50 ARS / 11.19$||40 ARS / 8.95$||15 days|
|100 ARS / 22.38$||100 ARS / 22.38$||15 days|
|150 ARS / 33.57$||150 ARS / 33.57$||15 days|
|Validity Period||Recharge amount|
|5 days||> = 10 ARS / 2.24$|
|15 days||10 ARS / 2.24$ >= 15 ARS / 3.36$|
|20 days||20 ARS / 4.48$ >= 25 ARS / 5.60$|
|30 days||30 ARS / 6.71$ >= 100 ARS / 22.38$|
|45 days||100 ARS / 22.38$ >= 150 ARS / 33.57$|
You can top up your Claro account via:
- Prepaid recharge cards - you can buy such card at Claro Customer Care Centres, Claro Official Agents, kiosks, pharmacies, service stations, supermarkets, any outlets or shops where you can see the logo of Claro Prepaid Card;
- at Claro dealers;
- via ATMs;
Regarding Movistar prepaid Internet offers for you handset, actually there's only one offer - for 10 ARS / 2.24$ you can have 1 GB for 2 days, to activate it send Datos to 2345.
To get Prepaid Mobile Internet for your PC/laptop you have to buy USB modem, Movistar card and recharge it. Movistar USB modem costs 199 ARS / 44.50$ and its sold together with 1 GB of data traffic and 200 SMS.
Prepaid Mobile Internet Packages:
|Package Name||Price||Data Volume Included||Validity||Details||How to activate|
|Paquete 1 semana (1 week package)||59 ARS / 13.19$||1 GB||1 week||you pay 0.35 ARS / 0.08$ per hour for navigation||Send SEMANA to 226|
|Paquete 1 dia (1 day package)||10 ARS / 2.24$||1 GB||1 day||you pay 0.42 ARS / 0.09$ per hour for navigation||Send DIA to 226|
|Paquete 5 horas (5 hours package)||9 ARS / 2.01$||1 GB||5 hours||you pay 1.80 ARS / 0.40$ per hour for navigation||Send HS to 226|
How to top up
There are several variant how you can top up your Movistar mobile account:
- Online top-up
- via Recharge cards - following cards are available: 20 ARS / 4.47$, 30 ARS / 6.71$, 40 ARS / 8.95$, 50 ARS / 11.18$. Online top-up using the code from such a card is here. You can also top up via USSD command - dial *444*< code from the recharge card ># and press Send or call *444, choose option 2 and enter the code from you recharge card.
- at any of the networks of electronic recharge
- via ATMs - you can recharge any amount from 15 ARS / 3.35$ to 200 ARS / 44.73$.
- SOS recharge - if you've run out of your balance Movistar can give you 6 ARS on trust till your next recharge, just dial *444 and select option 2.
To check your balance send SMS with Saldo to *444.
The more money you spend on your refills, the more bonuses you can get from Movistar:
|Recharge amount||Bonus||Bonus Validity|
|5 ARS / 1.12$||-||5 days|
|10 ARS / 2.24$||-||10 days|
|15 ARS / 3.35$||-||15 days|
|20 ARS / 4.48$||-||20 days|
|25 ARS / 5.59$||-|
|30 ARS / 6.71$||15 ARS / 3.35$||30 days|
|40 ARS / 8.95$||20 ARS / 4.48$|
|50 ARS / 11.19$||25 ARS / 5.59$|
|100 ARS / 22.38$ or more||50 ARS / 11.19$|
Note that if, for example, you top up your prepaid account with 39 ARS / 8.72$ it will be considered as a charge of 30 ARS / 6.71$, so the extra credit will be 15 ARS / 3.35$ and will be valid for 30 days.
You can have Mobile Internet access as a part of prepaid plan, it'll cost you 1 ARS / 0.22$ per 1 day. The validity period of prepaid credit is 30 days.
To start using prepaid 3G Mobile Internet for your PC/laptop you'll need to buy a chip (10 ARS / 2.24$) plus modem, in case you don't have it, for about 199 ARS / 44.50$. Internet packages are as follows:
|Package Name||Price||Data Volume Included||Validity||Extra Data||How to activate|
|1 Dia||10 ARS / 2.24$||up to 1 GB||1 day||0.01 ARS / 0.002$ per 10 Kb||Send an SMS from your modem software to number 152 with the code ACT 1DIA. Or you can activate it at any Personal point of sale.|
|2 Dias||19 ARS / 4.25$||up to 2 GB||2 days||Send an SMS from your modem software to number 152 with the code ACT 2DIAS. Or at any Personal point of sale.|
|7 Dias||59 ARS / 13.19$||up to 3 GB||7 days||Send an SMS from your modem software to number 152 with the code ACT 7DIAS. Or at any Personal point of sale.|
How to top up
You can top up your Personal using one of the following methods:
- Using your credit card - here. For more information call the *111 from your Personal or 0800-444-0800 from any landline or go here.
- Via recharge cards (20 ARS / 4.47$, 25 ARS / 5.59$, 30 ARS / 6.71$, 50 ARS / 11.18$) - buy a recharge card (at any Personal official agent, business office, Telecom telecenter, supermarket, kiosk), scrape off the grayed area to reveal the security code (PIN), then dial *151 and follow system instructions. Or send SMS from your 3G modem to 151 with the word REC and the code from the recharge card. Or you can call 0800-44444-34, select option Recarga de Crédito (Recharge Credit) and enter the code from the recharge card. The credit is valid for 30 days.
- at Rapipago, Pago Fácil (Easy Pay), supermarkets, commercial offices, official agents and other authorized outlets.
You have several options how you can check your balance:
- Login the section Mi cuenta (My Account) of the website and go to Mi Línea Personal (My Personal Line) - > Mi consumo de Internet (My use of the Internet) in the menu.
- Send an SMS with the word saldo to 150 from the Administrador de Conexión (Connection Manager) installed on your computer.
You can have Prepaid Mobile Internet only as a part of two Prepaid plans - you'll pay 0.0675 ARS / 0.0151$ per 5 KB in terms of Prepaid Mobile plan Plan Tuyo and 0.005 ARS / 0.001$ per 5 KB in terms of Prepaid Mobile plan Plan Hablemos Más.
How to top up
You can top up your Nuestro Movil account using one of the following methods:
- Online top-up - here
- Recharge cards - 20 ARS / 4.47$ or 30 ARS / 6.71$, you can buy these cards in sales offices and authorized sales centers. Once you've bought a card dial *121< the secret code from the recharge card ># and press Send.
- You can top up your account starting from 5 ARS at any Nuestro Movil Customer Service Center, you just have to indicate your phone number and the amount you want to top up with.
- Using your credit card - the validity of the recharge is 30 days.
Restaurants, hotels and other recommendation applications
Social Networking applications
Special Travel applications
Wi Fi Networks
APN settings AT&T
- Port: 80
- Proxy: proxy.mvno.H2OMobileweb.com /188.8.131.52
- APN: Balege
- WAP Homepage URL: http://www.H2OMweb.com
- MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com